Sunday, February 9, 2020

Treasure Chest Overview - February 2020

Looking at my last post about paying back my mortgage - said and done. Paid off the last of my mortgage a few days ago. How does it feel? I don't think it has really hit home yet. I tried thinking of this from an expenses point of view and comparing to a year ago what i can say is that my base expenses went from 500 to 200 euros since i have no more loan repayments. 300 euros should be quite a noticeable difference in the upcoming months. Will have to make them work for me. Let's look at how my financials have changed since the last overview.

Net worth is a measure of what i own minus what i owe:


Total networth: 156 632.59 €

Real estate: 114 000.00 €
The biggest proportion of my wealth is invested in the apartment i bought myself in the summer of 2017. It was appraised at 114 000 € back then. I had quite a big downpayment and ended up taking out a 29 year loan of 74 000 € which i have taken as target to pay back. UPDATE: Paid off.

Pension: 18 622.59 €
Over time my pension fund has slowly grown into a decent sized chunk. It consists of  Estonian (currently still) mandatory second pillar and third pillar.

Cash: 12 835.41 €
I have a separate account for rainy days which is still a healthy 10 000 €. I am considering halving it to 5 000 € but it is a process as i need to get used to the idea of not having that much liquid assets to use in case life hits me in the face. The rest of this money is my savings/every day money that i either use or invest if there is too much of it laying round.

Crowd funding: 2 789.26 €
Entirely invested in Mintos. I have withdrawn a few thousand since the interest rates are not something i have been very happy with. Will keep it as it is with around 500 euros currently not invested. Will add more money in if the rates should increase enough to eat up all my free money in that platform

Stocks: 4 096.98 €
One of my first investments. Is pretty evenly split between Tallinna Kaubamaja (TKM1) and Tallinna Sadam (TSM1). I plan on keeping these two for a long time having them as my small dividend income providers. Not planning to purchase more single stocks in the nearest future.

Personal loans: 1 000 €
A loan that i might or might not get back. Will keep it in the portfolio until the end of 2020 before writing it off as a mistake.

Mutual funds: 3 288.35 €
In July i started contributing 400 € every month to mutual funds. I am using LHV kasvukonto to get a hang of it and will consider direct investing once i am done with my mortgage. In the first stage I invest 100% of it into EXSA.

MINTOS
Crowd funding is probably one of the more fun ways of investing as something is happening every day: new investments, new interest cents and euros. Current state of my portfolio there:


To sum up, since i just finished off my mortgage, i need to think a bit about my new financial goals and where to send every euro. On one hand i would love to push for snowballing passive income while on the other side it might be time to improve my life standards a little bit? Curious to listen to your thoughts about changing that balance. Still can't believe i am completely debt free now. Feels a bit odd but in a good way of course.

Thank you for taking the time for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment